ToolBox Consulting Ltd. is specialized in service sector and especially to improve tourism industry in their operations.
ToolBox is operating in fields as:
- education and training programmes
- product development
- research and survey projects
- improvement of marketing efforts (marketing activities, marketing events)
- marketing channels development of design products and services
We emphasize international approach in every aspect of our operations. There is marketing knowledge from more than 20 countries.
ToolBox wants to be quality and environmental conscious primary choice. The company is having visible role in society and it is giving better chances to operate in business and in leisure tourism particularly.
ToolBox is working in cooperation with WHF Finland and Living Baltic Action Group.
All travel services provided by ToolBox have been tested by the list of Sustainable Tourism. There is more emphasis in environmental issues, but also company's ownership and status in local society will be evaluated.
ToolBox reports it's environmental actions annually.
Credentials of Consult Kari Halonen
ToolBox Consulting Ltd. 2019 - continue
Kari Halonen is the owner and CEO of the company. Tourism development, marketing activities over 20 countries. Player and knowledge of many sectors of tourism. Massive network locally and globally.
ToolBox -travel marketing & consulting 2000 – 2019
Kari Halonen is the owner and CEO of the company. Tourism development, marketing activities over 20 countries. Player and knowledge of many sectors of tourism. Impressive network locally and globally.
Helsinki City 2002–2012
Marketing Director, responsible for domesting and international marketing and tourism development. Member of the Board. Charge of on-line tour operator campaigns. Brand Manager of Helsinki tourism brand.
Posintra Oy, Development company in Eastern Uusimaa (Finland), 1999–2002
Tourism Development Manager, took care of tourism development in 10 different municipalities in the region. Also member of Tourism Board of Eastern Uusimaa Region, in charge of European Union tourism projects in the region.
Kalajoki Tourism Institute (Finland), 1997–1999
Tourism Development Manager, responsble for tourism development in 16 municipalities, tourism eduscation (2nd degree), tourism research and tourism strategy operations.
OK-Matkat (OK-Tours, Finland), 1995–1997
Product Manager, OK-Matkat production and quality control (packages, agreements of ground handling, quality control, guide recruiting, MARS system operations and development, Board member).
Travel Services Inc./ Mango Express Inc. (USA), 1989 - 1995
Owner, CEO, part-owner of two companies (travel agency and charter bus company), responsible for marketing, sales product development, guide recruiting.
Oy Aurinkomatkat 1984–1993
Guide, Destination Supervisor, Hotel Reservation Manager; France, Israel, Italy, Morocco, Portugal, Tunisia and the United States of America
Finland Brand Group, 2009–2011
Researcher, assignment for Finnish Brand Group, study of 30 destination branding processes of cities (Asia, Europe and North America), organized by Haaga-Helia Polytechnics.
Porvoo Guide, 2001–2003
Official guide of city of Porvoo (Finland)
Haaga-Helia Porvoo-Borgå 2001–2002
Teacher, palveluyritysten laatukoulutus 6 ov toteutettu ammattikorkeakouluopiskelijoille kahtena lukuvuotena
Palvelua Sydämellä ("Training with Heart"), 2000
Welcome Host 1998–continue
Nokia Oyj 1997
Event Organizer, Geneva, Switzerland
Tourism development and research:
- EBRD project in Tunisia, developing tourism mainly in the capital area of Tunis and also in Port El Kantoui - Sousse and Hammamet area 2017 - continue
- Rural tourism development, Survey about Rural Tourism definitions in Finland, 2018
- Marketing Project in Japan for Tavastia Region Tourism Project, 2018
- Board Member of Rural Tourism Project in Finland 2017 - 2018
- Salo Region Product Development Project, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, 2017
- Chinese Outbound Tourism in Finland, Baltic States, Nordic countries and in Russia, with COTRI since 2014 - 2017
- LUMO Region (Western Uusimaa Region Finland), Product Development Project, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, 2016
- Destination Brand Process and Marketing Strategy and Plan for Visit South Coast Finland, with Blueberry Consulting, 2014
- Luxury product market research, with Haaga-Perho Society, 2015
- Rural Tourism in Finnish villages, ABC Guide Book, 2014
- Mobile service research about Outdoors Finland South and Central European mobile services, 2014
- Tourism income and labour study for South-East Finland, with Innolink Research, 2013
- Mobile services in tourism sector, study 2012
- Matka2013 - development of trade trade days 2012
- Outdoors Finland South, eMarketing Strategy 2011 - 2013
- Mikkeli Region; product development and marketing 2012 - 2013
- eMarketing Strategy for Helsinki City Tourist & Convention Bureau 2009 - 2010
- Member of tourism destination branding process group 2007
- Quality Management, lecturer 2001 -2002 (University of Applied Science Haaga-Helia Porvoo Campus)
- Development of International Marketing in Southern Finland, 2003 - 2012
- Helsinki Destination Brand of Tourism, 2004 - 2012
- Helsinki Tourism Strategy 2002, updated versions 2003 - 2011
- "FLOW" Model for Easter Uusimaa Region to develop and cooperate between tourism authorities and private sector, 2005
- Establishment of Helsinki Travel Ltd. (Helsingin Matkailu Oy), 2004
- Cooperation with Educational Tourism Institutions in Southern Finland area, 1998 - continue
- Tourism Strategy Processes I and II in Eastern Uusimaa Region, 2000 - 2002
- Tourism Economic and Labour Study of Eastern Uusimaa Region, 2000 - 2002
- Networking Motors Project", development project for all industries in Porvoo Region, 2000 - 2002
- FinWest –marketing and promotional project, Board Member, 1997 - 1999
- Eurovision Song Contest in Helsinki, programmes for Eurovision fans in Lasipalatsi, 2007
- MeetFinland, MeetFinland, the biggest travel trade show and workshop for incoming Finland2007 - 2011
- Best of Helsinki Awards, quality award for travel services2006 – 2011
- Group Sales Event of Finland, tourism travel trade show for Finnish suppliers and buyers, 2002 (Porvoo) and 2008 (Helsinki)
- Special Award for 3D Promotional Movie of the Destination, Tourism Film Awards ITB 2008
- Product Development Award 2009 China Tourism Award (Special Interest Programmes)
- Recognition of the Best Brand Project by Infor Oy 2006
- Best Scandinavian Tourism Destination, launching of two campaigns (Nordic Oddity and Hot Winter Helsinki Team), ITB Fair 2004
- AFTA Finland, member since 2016
- GBTA, member since 2017
- JATA, Japan Association Travel Agency, member since 2019
- Skål International, the biggest tourism organization in the world, member since 2010
- Helsinki Club Board member since 2010
- Skål International Norden President since May 2015 - May 2017
- Helsinki Club President since 2011 - 2014 and Vice President 2015 and continue
- Finland Commission President since 2012
- Finland Travel Professionals Association, member
- Tourism Network of Finnish Universities, Board Member since 2011 - 2017
- Tourism Researchers of Finland Association, member since 2012
We have two social networks in LinkedIn.com: "Helsinki tourism marketing & development" and "Skål International Helsinki Club". One social media site in Facebook: "ToolBox-travel marketing" and in Twitter: "HelsinkiFunClub".
ToolBox Consulting Ltd. is specialized in improving service sector and especially tourism industry; its entrepreneurship and area organizations. Focus in all operations is towards international markets and progress.
ToolBox Consulting Ltd.
Maininkitie 2 C 22
FIN-02320 Espoo Finland
Tel. +358 50 375 1328
office [at] toolboxtravel.fi
» View detailed contact information here