The Indian Traveller
Information about the Indian traveller from the Indian workshop seminar held in Helsinki 18.9.2012. This was taken from Mrs. Papori Bharati's presention. She is Visit Finland representative in India.
- Percentage of Male and Female Traveller
- Indian Leisure traveller to Europe average age :
25 – 65 years
- They are well educated and belong to upper socio – economic strata and Indian society
- These characteristic are roughly similar to those travelling to Finland
- Present trend of travel now is towards individual or similar interest small groups. This comprises roughly 40% of the market to Finland. This is a shift from organized group tours which were the majority travellers earlier.
- Also backpacked and theme packed activities , the group looks for exciting activities not done by many back at home , e.g, snow mobile drive, self drive, chase the Northern lights, bask in the Midnight Sun, etc.
- To reach the maximum number of potential travellers by highlighting the destinations attractions.
- All possible segments with potential for travel conversion to be targeted.
- The Target Groups : 1. FIT : Couples, Honeymooners, Single ladies 2. Special interest groups : Cuisine, Culture, Soft Adventure, Sports 3. MICE : Meetings and incentives targeting IT Companies, pharma , auto sector, electronics, consumer goods, etc. 4. Regular summer group departures organized by tour operators.
ToolBox Consulting Ltd. is specialized in improving service sector and especially tourism industry; its entrepreneurship and area organizations. Focus in all operations is towards international markets and progress.
ToolBox Consulting Ltd.
Maininkitie 2 C 22
FIN-02320 Espoo Finland
Tel. +358 50 375 1328
office [at] toolboxtravel.fi
» View detailed contact information here